Flagyl (Generic) Online Pharmacy
Flagyl (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic effective against anaerobic bacteria and certain parasites. This medication eliminates bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections of the reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body. Order Generic Flagyl today for numerous health benefits!
Flagyl also marketed as: Metronidazole, Zyomet, Zidoval.
*Flagyl® is a registered trademark of Pfizer.
Take Generic Flagyl exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. Take Flagyl for the full prescribed length of time.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Flagyl: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects while using Generic Flagyl:
- numbness or tingling in your hands or feet;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- pain or burning when you urinate;
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- vision problems, pain behind your eyes;
- trouble concentrating, slurred speech, mood or behavior changes, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convulsions);
- fever, chills, muscle pain, confusion, headache, sore throat, neck stiffness, increased sensitivity to light, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting; or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Metronidazole is used to treat parasitic infections of the small intestine, amebic liver abscess and amebic dysentery, bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas vaginal infections, and carriers of trichomonas (both sexual partners) who do not have symptoms of infection.
Metronidazole is used alone or in combination with other antibiotics in treating abscesses in the liver, pelvis, abdomen and brain caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria. This medication is also used in treating infection of the colon and in combination with other drugs to treat Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) that causes stomach or intestinal ulcers.
Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Generic Flagyl and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting.
Check the labels of any medicines or food products you use to make sure they do not contain alcohol.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking Generic Flagyl and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- seizure medication such as phenytoin (Dilantin) or phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith, others); or
- disulfiram (Antabuse).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Flagyl.
Store below 77° F (25° C) and protect from light.
If you miss a dose of Metronidazole, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.